Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: a couple tips for a beginner?  (Read 5223 times)

blindguitargeek

• View Profile
a couple tips for a beginner?
« on: February 09, 2010, 04:58:45 am »
Hey all... I've been playing guitar for nine years, but never actualy took lessons. I'm looking into trying my hand at faster solos... any ideas or starting tips for shredding, finger-tappingg, etc?

second qestion. If I record anything, right now my guitar only comes out in mono, reverb and all. Is there an way to have my guitar output in stereo if I'm recording through my computer? When I listen to songs, a lot of the times one guitar sounds like it's in both the left and right chanels, rather than just the centre channel. Any help on that too? Thanks all.

6-STRING

• View Profile
Re: a couple tips for a beginner?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 11:57:27 am »
G`Day mate,

Sounds like you need to do an in-depth study of `Hit the Lights` by Metallica... and learn all the parts, not just the solos...
The rythym parts will help you with your right hand speed phrasing technique and a very cool song it is too...
[EDIT: Removed due to users request]

For trilling parts have a look at solos from `Beat It` and `Hot For Teacher` by Eddie Van Halen.

Not really into tapping but have a look at more stuff from EVH there mate...

I don`t know anything about recording!

Keep practicing mate and ROCK ON!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 06:47:28 pm by Webmaster »

Check out these great video guitar lessons at GuitarTricks.com
Copyright 2017 - How To Create a Backing Track NEW! - Contact - ToS - Privacy - Lessons - FAQ - Custom Backing Tracks