Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Six months ago I had a surgery ...  (Read 116 times)

Paul_R

• View Profile
Six months ago I had a surgery ...
« on: January 05, 2017, 05:05:19 AM »
I hadn't played my guitar since sometime in 2008.  I went through some things that caused my physical health to bring me close to death. I couldn't walk anymore. I couldn't sleep because of extreme pain and I got carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands, my left hand first when I started to use a cane (and I was putting too much of my weight on my palm which caused the problem) and then my right hand, for the same reason when I had to use a walker.

I was always a very athletic and active person, so going through this was tough. But, this past June I had the surgery on my left hand and I picked up my guitar in mid-August, just to play some scales and see if I had any control.  It came back much faster than I expected and that really motivated me.  Then, when I was looking for a particular tune on Youtube, I came across a partial tune, which was the "backing tracks" for the first 90 seconds of the tune.  When I saw the words "backing tracks", that was it, search after search, and I found this place.

I am truly "blown away" by the level of talent of many of those who are providing these backing tracks and I want to thank them for this gift to me. There's a few who have done dozens of tunes and I appreciate them for sacrificing their time to coordinate with other talented musicians and singers just to put together "backing tracks", a partial tune, so that I could add my guitar to it and show off for my friends.  (Of course, since I'm 60 I don't have to show off!  ;D )  But, you guys are GREAT and I'm 100% appreciative of what you've done.  Feel great about it because it is great!

Yurichъ

• View Profile
    • Music For The Masses!
Re: Six months ago I had a surgery ...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 05:02:53 PM »
(Of course, since I'm 60 I don't have to show off!  ;D )

But you really have to. ZZ Top, Rolling Stones and others still do, and they feel fine  ;)

Good health to you, man!
USB здесь! Здесь все: Тагир, Стас, Юрич, Турбо и Эдуард Суровый 

Magictrack

• View Profile
Re: Six months ago I had a surgery ...
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 06:25:26 PM »
Yeah, Good for you.  8)

Check out these great video guitar lessons at GuitarTricks.com
Copyright 2016 - How To Create a Backing Track NEW! - Contact - ToS - Privacy - Lessons - FAQ - Custom Backing Tracks