Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Limit on the number of downloads a day.  (Read 94222 times)

obituar

• View Profile
Re: Limit on the number of downloads a day.
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2017, 07:13:23 am »
Removing limit is big news. Many thanks!

Niktar

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2017, 08:30:40 am »
3 is fine but when does your account get reset for the next 3? 24hrs from the time of last DL? Or does it reset at midnight in some specific time zone? my last DL was around 8pm Central time zone GMT -6. and it still shows; Sorry, you've reached the limit of downloads

Thanks!
When you download a first backing track you have 24 hours to download 2 more backing tracks. After that you can start over.
But really you should check out the guides and submit just 1 backing track of your own and you'll get unlimitted downloads :)
Cheers!

Niktar

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2017, 08:31:16 am »
Removing limit is big news. Many thanks!
Thanks man!
We have more cool news and content planned for 2017!!
Stay tuned!

Flyboyc130

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2017, 06:29:29 am »
I do plan on uploading as soon as i get it straight on the guides. I have a ton of MP3's on my PC already isn't their a 1 software application that can handle the entire process? even if it a pay for type.

Also I think their is a misunderstanding in what I originally asked. In the mean time After I downloaded 3 (in one sitting), I was merely asking when does it reset to 3 more? 24hrs from right then or something else?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 06:50:45 am by Flyboyc130 »

Niktar

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2017, 08:07:54 pm »
I was merely asking when does it reset to 3 more? 24hrs from right then or something else?

Thanks!

In short - yes :)
But 24 hours start when you download the first track. During these 24 hours you can download 2 more tracks. After that you get to download 3 more :)

NikoRocks

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2017, 09:15:21 pm »
A few things that I've noticed, and they've been ever since U.G. got involved...

1. The downloads (3 per day) lie. I've lost a download just pressing the play button to sample. Now only 2. This has happened on many occasions. The site is registering plays as downloads. Nonsense.

2. The previewer is no longer working in all browsers as it used to, particularly on iOS. This is a big problem. It used to work, now it doesn't, this is also a step backwards.

I do hope these issues are remedied. This is a great resource for my students, but I cannot recommend it if it's not reliable. Cost isn't the issue for me - it's the dependability.

Webmaster

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2017, 09:02:00 am »
A few things that I've noticed, and they've been ever since U.G. got involved...

1. The downloads (3 per day) lie. I've lost a download just pressing the play button to sample. Now only 2. This has happened on many occasions. The site is registering plays as downloads. Nonsense.

2. The previewer is no longer working in all browsers as it used to, particularly on iOS. This is a big problem. It used to work, now it doesn't, this is also a step backwards.

I do hope these issues are remedied. This is a great resource for my students, but I cannot recommend it if it's not reliable. Cost isn't the issue for me - it's the dependability.

Sorry for delay with with the reply.

1. Plays (or streams) are certainly not counted as downloads. We're paying royalties for each download you guys make and streams are free. So we simply have no reason to do so as you describe and that's a drag you used word "Lie". Sorry, dude, this is not cool at all.  This website is absolutely free but we have to impose a limit of 3 downloads a day to make the ends meet by the ads generated revenue.

I've just tried to reproduce the case when a stream (playing online) reduces the number of available downloads and wasn't able to do so.
Still get 3 downloads no matter how many times I hit play.

Downloading mp3 on iOS is tricky though.
When you click "dwonload" in Safari on iPhone or iPad you just get the a new tab opened (previewer) where you'll be offered to listen to a track but it won't be downloaded on your iOS device.
You need to have some app pre-installed on your iOS device in order to be able to download mp3s on it
Check this article for more details --> https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/download-save-any-file-type-onto-your-iphone-0161744/

2.  Please elaborate on this.  What exactly isn't working for you?
Please be specific: what do you do and what doesn't seem to work?
Nothing happens when you hit "Download this backing track as mp3"?
What exactly you mean by "previewer"?

What is your device? What iOS version do you have?

Waiting for your response.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 09:25:50 am by Webmaster »

rockey1

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2017, 07:09:14 am »
Hello Guitar Folks. Been streaming here for years, love this site. Hope it stays free.
Anyone noticing tonight suddenly I pick a song and I click "Play" and nothing happens. I haven't downloaded any songs in a long time.

I wonder if it's my firefox browser, but I changed nothing. Any song I pick will not play...weird.

Anyways, thanks for the site. I don't use app's or things like that, just a desk top PC, cubase, protools. etc. Thanks

rockey1

Webmaster

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2017, 08:32:51 am »
Hello Guitar Folks. Been streaming here for years, love this site. Hope it stays free.
Anyone noticing tonight suddenly I pick a song and I click "Play" and nothing happens. I haven't downloaded any songs in a long time.

I wonder if it's my firefox browser, but I changed nothing. Any song I pick will not play...weird.

Anyways, thanks for the site. I don't use app's or things like that, just a desk top PC, cubase, protools. etc. Thanks

rockey1

Hey, I just checked with the latest version of Firefox and it worked just fine.
Please make sure to have the latest version.
However you can always install Chrome web browser and have no problems :)

ssolo8

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2017, 06:28:09 pm »
Hello! First of all, God Bless You for this great thing you have going here! You are all Internet saints, and have a special place reserved in Heaven for yourselves. Thank you, for all you're going through!
I am a big fan of your generic back tracks, which allow me to stay sharp during down time, when no drummers are available at the time that I need them. Also to be able to jam along to new inspiration from all around the world that I wouldn't have run into otherwise! (I've completed tunes with people from around the word simply by trading tracks online that we can load into our multitrack programs and complete)
Three tracks daily is generous, as you really can't process more than that at one time anyway!
(I was told if I just upload my own backtracks then I have unlimited downloads! What an awesome deal!! I uploaded my first one, and am just waiting for official approval)
Again, three tracks a day is plenty to keep you busy for 24 hours anyway, I just like to have a backlog in case my internet goes out!
Either way, this site is a fabulous resource and I hope people realize the hidden value of it cross-pollenating talent from around the globe, and inspiring new ideas in people who wouldn't have been inspired any other way! The connection to other musicians is the real gem here!
Thanks So Much!

jongeokh

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2017, 10:12:27 am »
3 downloads per day sounds very reasonable and is good enough for me. I download the track mainly for two reasons. I can use it in case 1) when I don't have internet access and 2) when I want to record my guitar playing with backing track using Cooledit.  So, I would only need to download the tracks for the songs I practice. By the way, thanks for running this site. For the beginner guitarist like me, it's really helpful and fun to play guitar.

Webmaster

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2017, 08:47:08 am »
3 downloads per day sounds very reasonable and is good enough for me. I download the track mainly for two reasons. I can use it in case 1) when I don't have internet access and 2) when I want to record my guitar playing with backing track using Cooledit.  So, I would only need to download the tracks for the songs I practice. By the way, thanks for running this site. For the beginner guitarist like me, it's really helpful and fun to play guitar.

Thanks for your feedback man! :)
Rock on!

patmich

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2017, 08:35:10 pm »
i have just started playing again, and this site is great. it has both instruments and guitar backs. it will help me immensely.

hairy_trev

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2017, 12:29:43 am »
Hi Guys;
I was going to blow my top and have a good rant at the plummet in the quality of the guitarbackingtack.com website in my absence from here during the past year, and this subject was one of my topics... however, I can quietly offer an option to the issue of download limits...

I found tonight that I had to create an account in order to download songs, and having done so, when I went to download the track, I noticed a message of "You have 3 downloads remaining" (or words to that effect). It didn't actually give any indication of the timescale, if this was a trial period of 3 downloads and then you have to pay, or if it's 3 per day/week/lifetime etc... I don't think 3 per day is too much of a burden, but for those who wish to have more opportunity, may I recommend the audacity program, I think from sourceforge.

This is a free software based audio recorder/mixer which you install onto your computer. It has standard play/record/stop functions and will record the audio on your soundcard, USB input, audio sockets or similar. The resulting audio may be tweaked for volume, tone/balance/tempo/pitch etc before the track is exported in mp3 format onto your hard drive.

In short, you select your sound source, set the level to avoid distortion, click "record" on audacity and then "play" on guitarbackingtrack. When the track finishes, it's an easy job to delete the 3-4 seconds of silence at the start.

Just thought I'd throw that in!

jpgumba

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2017, 03:00:25 pm »
 not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but where do y'all stand with YouTube to MP3 converters?  YouTube is loaded with backing tracks and if you go to their own MP4 to MP3 converter you can upload the URL and it will extract the audio into MP3 format. the reason why I'm asking is it's their own converter and if the video says the YouTube licenses are not copyrighted would it be any way out of line to convert them and upload them here I'm talking about drum tracks with really good quality sounds and I can get them for free it doesn't cost me anything to convert them to MP3 and for me there's no licensing issues would it be considered sharing again the only reason why I'm asking is I don't want to get anyone into trouble but I would love to help out this is a great site I've been using it for years and hope to use it for years to come thank you for your reply in advance   Joel
 P
Also if you want to look and check into it the converter is ytmp3.com
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 03:04:58 pm by jpgumba »

Check out these great video guitar lessons at GuitarTricks.com
Copyright 2017 - How To Create a Backing Track NEW! - Contact - ToS - Privacy - Lessons - FAQ - Custom Backing Tracks