Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anyone know keys of BB King tracks?  (Read 1154 times)

zaxxon

• View Profile
Anyone know keys of BB King tracks?
« on: October 25, 2016, 01:10:03 am »
Could anyone help me out with the keys of the BB King tracks?  There is one that has its key, "BB King Style Backing," the rest are without.  If anyone has figured the key for any of the songs out by listening, and is game, I'd also be happy for not the answer, but the method/technique of how you went about getting the key for that particular song, and I can give it a try, and post my guess. 

Yurichъ

• View Profile
    • Music For The Masses!
Re: Anyone know keys of BB King tracks?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 03:53:13 pm »
Hi zaxxon,

It's very easy, just listen for bass guitar notes. Blues progressions are especially easy to handle, because they are standard.

In "The Thrill Is Gone", for example, bass guitar plays B note first, and the melody is minor. So you go for Bm as the key  ;)

The blues progression for that song will be Bm(7)-based (Bm7-Em7-F#m). Guess it helps.

That "BB King Style Backing (2)" is in the key of A major (bass guitar plays major scale notes), so it's A(7)-based (A7-D7-E7 chords over 12 bars of blues progression).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 05:16:22 pm by Yurichъ »
USB здесь! Здесь все: Тагир, Стас, Юрич, Турбо и Эдуард Суровый 

zaxxon

• View Profile
Re: Anyone know keys of BB King tracks?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 02:52:19 am »
Hi Yurich,

Thanks so much for the explanation.  I'm going to try this out on the BB King tracks, and post back here with what I find.  Maybe try to pick your brain a little more if you are up for it. 

-Zach

Check out these great video guitar lessons at GuitarTricks.com
Copyright 2017 - How To Create a Backing Track NEW! - Contact - ToS - Privacy - Lessons - FAQ - Custom Backing Tracks