Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ultimate Guitar has purchased GuitarBackingTrack.com  (Read 4644 times)

rvman1

• View Profile
Re: Ultimate Guitar has purchased GuitarBackingTrack.com
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2016, 03:05:53 AM »
Just found this site today and it's F'n awesome! Just what I wanted.

I will try to contribute what I can to help it grow.

Thanks!

fizz450_03

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 07:58:41 PM »
Nice to read about the merger. I'd been using this site for a long while now, and it's great that its legacy will continue.

More power UG and GBT

Eldridge

• Cedo nuli
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2016, 09:09:38 PM »
I remember some projects that were supported by crowd in order to help and make functional. These project were then free for everyone. Later, project owner suddenly decided to make money by using polished products and volunteers and support crew got big zero.  Become a member to get contents access is OK, but selling contents that  community made freely isn't honest IMHO. I hope that eventually synthesis of UG & GBT will not make same result.

Yurichъ

• View Profile
    • Music For The Masses!
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2016, 10:39:05 AM »
They know difference between using and abusing, so don't worry
USB здесь! Здесь все: Тагир, Стас, Юрич, Турбо и Эдуард Суровый 

Webmaster

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2016, 02:41:17 PM »
They know difference between using and abusing, so don't worry
Thanks, mate ;)

Tbart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2016, 05:58:12 PM »
I've really enjoyed jamming with a lot of the tracks. I'm kind of an old timer and a little late to the game when it comes to the process of thinking digitally. I've been playing and singing R&R since 1967 playing in 'ner do well bands etc. Keeping a band together at my age [58] is hard because my buddies have all become so jaded and we are all busy etc. Many reasons. But I like to keep my chops up and will never stop trying to improve. I am amazed when I plug my HP laptop into my PA and jam with some of these tracks. I am free to play without having to lead anything or try to steer a piece of music. I only have to worry about me.
 One thing that bothers me is that SO MANY of the best tracks have vocals on them. As a singer and player, this ruins them for me. I wish the creators of the tracks would always make both with and without vocals of the same track so all could be happy. Sometimes that is the case, but usually not. The lips make me go right on by. It would be really cool if I could just get the bass and drums on a track. That's the way I've always played anyway. I realize that many want rythm guitar or keys etc but wouldn't it be cool if they could be added or deleted from the track? Would be for me. And it would be great to have more classic rock bass and drum and slight rythm tracks or a way to request them. Perhaps there is a way that I don't know. What I don't know could fill volumes. I try to learn every day though, and I do get better at this,slowly. I have no one to teach me simple computer stuff that 6 year olds already know. A lot goes over my head.
 For instance, I love ZZ Top. One would think there would be an accurate "La Grange" track with no vocal and only slight rythm guitar so that someone like myself could replicate the parts Billy plays in the song. No such luck. I would love to have bass& drums backing tracks to "Balinese" and "Francine". So many more from my heyday that we used to absolutely smoke playing 3 piece.
 I do love this site though and with more effort from me and the efforts of the great members and creators and UG, when the world cries out for me to make my "comeback", I'll be more than ready! Thanks.

Yurichъ

• View Profile
    • Music For The Masses!
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2016, 06:20:06 PM »
For instance, I love ZZ Top. One would think there would be an accurate "La Grange" track with no vocal and only slight rythm guitar so that someone like myself could replicate the parts Billy plays in the song. No such luck.

How 'bout this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP_25tTOnDg

USB здесь! Здесь все: Тагир, Стас, Юрич, Турбо и Эдуард Суровый 

rockey1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2016, 07:05:31 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that within the band name say "Pink Floyd" all the songs are suddenly unsorted.  Anyone else notice this?
I tried clicking all over to no avail.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Merry Christmas to all:)

mdb61354

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2017, 08:02:25 PM »
I've been using GBT.com for many years ever since Guitar Port Online went down.(remember them?) This site has been such a huge asset for one to work on their chops. Seems like a natural procession for U.G. Learn the tab, then practice it. Hopefully there won't be a lot of changes to the site.

Check out these great video guitar lessons at GuitarTricks.com
Copyright 2017 - How To Create a Backing Track NEW! - Contact - ToS - Privacy - Lessons - FAQ - Custom Backing Tracks