Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Copyright issues (history)  (Read 58502 times)

Yurichъ

• View Profile
    • Music For The Masses!
Re: Copyright issues (history)
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 11:10:37 am »
A good example of borrowing other artist's music is Joe Satriani. Here's Satch Boogie (1987)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt3ImNur5ig

Here's the Aerosmith's song The Hop (1985)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHpTKjNsRF8

Judge for yourself, but you know what it means - "borrowing", not "copypasting" ;)
USB здесь! Здесь все: Тагир, Стас, Юрич, Турбо и Эдуард Суровый 

MichaelGesiz

• View Profile
    • kruizrock.ru
Copyright issues history
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2017, 06:43:28 am »
Not just copyright issues -- registered trademark issues too.

Remove it, cover it, hide it or shoot around it.  Thats all you can do.

kevmo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2017, 08:30:37 am »
A good example of borrowing other artist's music is Joe Satriani. Here's Satch Boogie (1987)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt3ImNur5ig

Here's the Aerosmith's song The Hop (1985)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHpTKjNsRF8

Judge for yourself, but you know what it means - "borrowing", not "copypasting" ;)

Oh wow, that is amazing - I love Aerosmith, but never really listened to the "reformed version"  of the band,
never heard that song that i can recall, but Satch Boogie always had a familiar sound to it.

hmmm, maybe Aerosmith should sue JS and then take that money and pay Coldplay  ;D

k!

Frethand101

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 08:56:39 am »
It's too bad that this is happening to such a useful and educational site, but at the same time it's not surprising that the rightful owners of the materials would want compensation for their work.. IMO, I've never understood why they haven't already cashed in on such a brilliant concept like BT's from the original recorded versions.. A good quality TAB book with an accompanying CD filled with BT's that match the book!?.. I wouldn't be able to get my money out fast enough!.. lol

Well hopefully everything will work out for this site because many guitarists, and even some forgotten artists, benefit from these wonderful tools..

There is one other option for the future of this site and that would be for learning/mastering the art or making these great BT's.. We already have similar forums that share knowledge on how to record with a DAW, and thank goodness for that, it would have taken me forever to figure Reaper out own my own!.. But just like with Reaper (or any DAW) it'd be great to learn the tips-n-tricks needed to make Pro-BT's for my own personal enjoyment.. I've been playing guitar since '86, multi tracking since '98, and since I found this site in 2014 I've yet to be able to figure out how-in-the-heck the guitar is being removed from the original recording.. I've tried using EQ tweaks but I just can't seem to figure out how the BT Masters do it.. Ugggh!!.. lol   

AlbertThoxy

• View Profile
Copyright issues history
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2018, 08:58:07 pm »
Ill take your word for it, still, either way it just goes to prove how flawed the current copyright law regime is, yes?

Robyroxit

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2018, 01:54:04 pm »
What I'm curious about is who is receiving the bulk of the revenue generated through the payment of these royalties?

In Canada, with digital streaming firmly entrenched in the industry, an artist receives 11 one thousandths of one cent each time someone plays their song.
The PRO takes the bulk of it, and uses it to fund litigation against bars, stores, restaurants, anywhere that plays music for their patrons to listen to.

Moreover, the PRO doesn't require proof of copyright to register a song. All they require is the title. Add to that the fact that if they cannot locate the artist who wrote the song after three years, they've written in their own policies that they get to keep those funds, hence the "legal fund" filled with revenue that rightfully belongs to artists.

Check out these great video guitar lessons at GuitarTricks.com
Copyright 2017 - How To Create a Backing Track NEW! - Contact - ToS - Privacy - Lessons - FAQ - Custom Backing Tracks