Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ultimate Guitar has purchased GuitarBackingTrack.com  (Read 81788 times)

zappp

• View Profile
Ultimate Guitar has purchased GuitarBackingTrack.com
« on: September 14, 2016, 04:30:37 pm »
Hi GBT.com Community
By now you all know that Ultimate Guitar has recently purchased GBT.com, and I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to you and welcome you all to the Ultimate Guitar Community.

I started Ultimate Guitar 17 years ago with one simple goal - to help guitarists connect with each other and to learn their favorite songs. Now we reach tens of millions of guitarists every month have created a number of tools and services to help guitarists learn songs faster and better.

While we have millions of guitar tabs and chords for pretty much every song you would want to learn, one thing we haven't been able to provide our community was a catalog of recordings that our users could play around with and use to learn how to play their favorite songs. Today this changes.
The GBT community has created an amazing catalog of high-quality backing tracks, and we can't wait to find ways to expose the Ultimate Guitar community the awesome work that you have all done.

I would like to thank Oddgeir for all that he has done over the past 10 years. His vision and tireless effort to keep the site running made it everything it is today, and I will do everything I can to build upon his legacy.
I would love to hear from you guys, so please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly with any suggestions or comments you have.

Rock on,
Eugeny Naidenov

Oddgeir

• View Profile
Re: Ultimate Guitar has purchased GuitarBackingTrack.com
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 06:46:00 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm still around  :)

Thank you, Eugeny, for the kind words! I am very much looking forward to seeing what you guys can do with the site. I always felt limited by having to handle everything on my own, so having a great team from Ultimate Guitar handling things from now on feels very good. It feels appropriate considering the countless hours users have spent creating tracks for us all to enjoy.

A big thank you goes out to everyone that has submitted tracks, sent me encouraging e-mails and contributed in some way or another over the years!

Please feel free to contact me via PM, I won't disappear completely.

Happy jamming, guys!

Signing off as webmaster,
Oddgeir

zer09er

• Back In Business
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 01:44:55 am »
It feels good to know what's happening bro...all the best to this site...I have always been around here too and I remember well how this place got started off...regards.
Tune Down,Doom Out!
    MetalQuadKore©

eduardoritos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 07:28:11 am »
Hi everyone,

I'm still around  :)

Thank you, Eugeny, for the kind words! I am very much looking forward to seeing what you guys can do with the site. I always felt limited by having to handle everything on my own, so having a great team from Ultimate Guitar handling things from now on feels very good. It feels appropriate considering the countless hours users have spent creating tracks for us all to enjoy.

A big thank you goes out to everyone that has submitted tracks, sent me encouraging e-mails and contributed in some way or another over the years!

Please feel free to contact me via PM, I won't disappear completely.

Happy jamming, guys!

Signing off as webmaster,
Oddgeir
Thanks to you; that site gave me some good tracks, and provided me a good place to make my own security case of tracks  ;), and, if someone has enjoyed them, ever better.

Webmaster

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 04:48:04 pm »
eduardoritos,
Thanks for your contributions!
I personally enjoy listening to them and adding them to our website!
I am sure everyone else enjoys playing to them  8)

How do you record your backing tracks?
They are really high quality!

eduardoritos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 05:54:14 am »
eduardoritos,
Thanks for your contributions!
I personally enjoy listening to them and adding them to our website!
I am sure everyone else enjoys playing to them  8)

How do you record your backing tracks?
They are really high quality!
Reaper+ezdrummer+boss gt8 and some free plug-ins for the keyboard sounds.
Bass is a cheap samick one into a cheap korg multifx
I don't earn any $$$ with that, so, I don't expend much $$.

The secret is patience wile many hours of work, and do the thing in the way you would like finding it, not accepting a meh backing track.
Even so, some errors can be in some tracks.

Thanks for your nice opinions.

Mickeyd5

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 02:07:49 am »
I only recently discovered this site and it has been a tremendous help to me in my playing. Please don't make any big changes. Thanks for providing a fantastic source for great, free backing tracks. Keep up the good work!

Webmaster

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 01:10:44 pm »
Thanks Mickeyd5!
Such feedback inspires us! It's really appreciated!
Hope you're having a good time here!

Rock on!

Rafael Horacio

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 09:55:40 pm »
This is awesome! Thank you Oddgeir. I have tried to do my best to make some good backing tracks for everyone to enjoy playing guitar.
Thanks!!!  :D  ;)

zaxxon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 12:33:35 am »
Some thoughts from someone who just discovered this site.  Kudos to the creator and contributors of this site; it looks like an amazing collaborative project.  It's people-sourced resources like this that make me love the internet.  Congratulations to all on the purchase.  My wish, to the new webmaster, is keys for the tracks.  Without them, as a beginner, I don't want to use the tracks because I don't want to guess wrong and train myself to play in the wrong key.  I'd also love to be able to search tracks by genre.  Best wishes, and reading the article on UG, it's great to know that this site can still continue. 

Edit: One more observation.  I just got stopped by the captcha required to post here, because I missed the domain question.  Perhaps this site, because of all of the content held in it, is a target for schemers, but I'm used to the captchas going away after logging into a site, making it easier to navigate.

Fender6a

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 04:57:02 pm »
Hi GBT.com Community
By now you all know that Ultimate Guitar has recently purchased GBT.com, and I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to you and welcome you all to the Ultimate Guitar Community.

I started Ultimate Guitar 17 years ago with one simple goal - to help guitarists connect with each other and to learn their favorite songs. Now we reach tens of millions of guitarists every month have created a number of tools and services to help guitarists learn songs faster and better.

While we have millions of guitar tabs and chords for pretty much every song you would want to learn, one thing we haven't been able to provide our community was a catalog of recordings that our users could play around with and use to learn how to play their favorite songs. Today this changes.
The GBT community has created an amazing catalog of high-quality backing tracks, and we can't wait to find ways to expose the Ultimate Guitar community the awesome work that you have all done.

I would like to thank Oddgeir for all that he has done over the past 10 years. His vision and tireless effort to keep the site running made it everything it is today, and I will do everything I can to build upon his legacy.
I would love to hear from you guys, so please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly with any suggestions or comments you have.

Rock on,
Eugeny Naidenov

Is there a link to GBT from UG home page? Do I have to go through "What's New", each time?

Yurichъ

• View Profile
    • Music For The Masses!
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 10:09:59 am »
keys for the tracks. Without them, as a beginner, I don't want to use the tracks because I don't want to guess wrong and train myself to play in the wrong key.

Don't you use your ears when playing guitar? It's music, not a computer game.
USB здесь! Здесь все: Тагир, Стас, Юрич, Турбо и Эдуард Суровый 

Pelle.Gustavsson

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 01:17:10 pm »
Just found this site through UltimateGuitar apps.
Is there a plan of making an guitarbackingtrack app?
I'm going to love this site indeed...

Yurichъ

• View Profile
    • Music For The Masses!
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2016, 11:26:34 am »
Is there a plan of making an guitarbackingtrack app?

Nice joke, man. Makes my day  ;D
USB здесь! Здесь все: Тагир, Стас, Юрич, Турбо и Эдуард Суровый 

mhaggard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2016, 10:16:57 pm »
Oddgeir, I've been using this site for a long time and I can't thank you enough for the effort you've put into it. Excited to see what Ultimate Guitar can do to help make it even better! Thanks again!

Check out these great video guitar lessons at GuitarTricks.com
Copyright 2017 - How To Create a Backing Track NEW! - Contact - ToS - Privacy - Lessons - FAQ - Custom Backing Tracks