Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Boss ME-50B Bass Preamp  (Read 3446 times)

Aaron

• View Profile
The Boss ME-50B Bass Preamp
« on: February 04, 2016, 02:42:19 am »
Since starting to collaborate with Axefiend long distance (and others locally), I discovered that I REALLY like the Boss ME-50B preamp.  It's easy to really bring out the sound of the bass guitar, even within a mix containing more guitars & keys than common sense suggests.  When you emphasize the left side of the device (Filter/Tone circuit) & (Compressor circuit), and then fine-tune the top (EQ) section, you can get some really sweet combinations from it.  Just a personal preference, but there is nothing like the upper ranges produced by a Rickenbacker bass.  With a combination of the "mid-shape" setting (Filter circuit), and punching up the high frequencies just a bit above center (EQ section), along with using the Limiter setting (Compression), you can get a really thick but treble-loaded punch that will cut through and distinguish the bass lines even through a church organ track beside it.  I think that tone is great for backing tracks, because it's hard to tell what our musicians are going to do with them later in the realm of guitars & other instruments.  Even a really low-end bass guitar, with that Boss unit on the floor, can sound as good as a Rick.  That's not easy to find in floor-based FX.

AlbertThoxy

• View Profile
The Boss ME 50B Bass Preamp
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 07:51:16 pm »
I just thought that the boss could've been cooler if it had way more health.
For me it only took a few seconds.

Check out these great video guitar lessons at GuitarTricks.com
Copyright 2017 - How To Create a Backing Track NEW! - Contact - ToS - Privacy - Lessons - FAQ - Custom Backing Tracks