Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WinAmp, Plugins, etc.  (Read 4418 times)

Aaron

• View Profile
WinAmp, Plugins, etc.
« on: December 28, 2015, 06:39:12 am »
Haven't found it yet, so maybe I am missing it.  But is there a simple way to make "playlists" for WinAmp, or perhaps some plugin for it that enables such things?  I much prefer the "set list" format for gigs, but would prefer a fuller divorce from Windows Media Player, due to some of its other quirks.  (...as articulated in a previous post...)  I like to line up about 6-10 songs, call it "set 1" etc. down the line.  But I can't pull the Windows Media Player playlists over into WinAmp, and can't figure out its own features in that respect.

Ideas?
Aaron

johnnymegabyte

• View Profile
Re: WinAmp, Plugins, etc.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 05:16:24 pm »
Found this link. http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/software-engineer/convert-windows-media-player-playlists-to-winamp-format-using-xslt/
It involved copying the Text inside the Playlists to WinAmp PlayLists

Myself and a few others use WinAmp.

Do you use the Pacemaker plugin for WinAmp ? http://www.surina.net/pacemaker/      It's Free

PaceMaker is able to...

• Speed up or slow down the music tempo without affecting the music key (pitch)
  • Change the music key (pitch) without affecting the tempo
  • Change the music "speed" (playback rate) as if vinyl records were played at higher or lower speeds than rated
  • Attenuate singing vocals in songs while still playing the instrumental music

Do all of these at the same time.

Aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 12:08:51 am »
Thanks for that insight Johnny -- problem is that after I scrolled it all, I have no idea what I saw.  (Not a programmer, never wrote a single byte, even in Basic.)  I do believe there is an answer in it, but I'll have to find someone with more skills in that genre of music than I have.

I may have a use for that other plugin.  The question I have regards output.  Let's say there is a BT I did want to slow down, just a touch.  How then would we take the slower version, and turn that into a CORRECT Mp3 so I didn't have to use the plug-in every time?  So much technology, but my body has made so many trips with the earth around the sun that it just isn't all that easy anymore for me to even think I'll keep pace.  If you have a solution to the problem, rather than trying to explain "how to" to me, it would probably be faster and less painful for all parties if you could grab "There's Only One Way To Rock" (http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/play/hagar,_sammy/theres_only_one_way_to_rock.htm) and slow it just a little so it is back in time with what Sammy had in mind. ~grin~

I've been down this tech path enough in the past to know.  When I try to explain what I do understand (about servers and stuff) to others, and say "can you do this..." it's quicker to just do it than to try to show someone else how in the process.  If you could, and would, I would greatly appreciate it.

THANKS!
Aaron

johnnymegabyte

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 06:44:02 am »
SLOW DOWN & SAVE .... here's what I do.
I play the track in Winamp and adjust the settings, and use my DAW to record My Audio Interface "Mix". Render / Save to MP3. Done it many times

My friend wants to sing and record Karaoke tracks. Pacemaker allows for Key changes and Speed changes
FYI - WinAmp has a Karaoke "CDG" plugin, to display lyrics for Karaoke files.
I know a few tricks and I am the studio master according to him

Aaron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 09:06:28 pm »
Hmmm ... well, I'm not sure how that interface would work with my particular gear combination.  Would probably have to play it slow, take the headphone out, run it into the external device (Tascam deck), then record it there, then input that wave file back to GoldWave to convert it back to an MP3 from a .WAV...

ummm ....

There has to be something more logical Captain.  ROFL.  Trouble also in that my studio is up in the woods.  There's no Internet connection there, so I have to sneakernet files between the house here and the studio (via a thumb drive), further messing with my world.  (I.e., can't download files that only download parts of them, and then require an internet connection to "install" the software, register, etc.)  Don't ya just love technology...LOL.  Think the studio master might tweak that Hagar song for me?  8)
Aaron

johnnymegabyte

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 11:06:36 pm »
My interface is Alesis MultiMix 16 USB 2.0. It has 16 audio channels + Stereo Mix = 18
I record the Stereo Mix with my DAW

Some Soundcards have the "Stereo Mix"

Axefiend

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 04:44:09 pm »
If you're looking for a player where you can save playlists, You might want to check out Foobar, It's free:

https://www.foobar2000.org/

Another one is "Raduga". It was the software I used when I DJ ed at my local radio station, It's awesome, but it's expensive as hell, and Foobar does pretty much everything that Raduga does.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 04:47:21 pm by Axefiend »

Check out these great video guitar lessons at GuitarTricks.com
Copyright 2017 - How To Create a Backing Track NEW! - Contact - ToS - Privacy - Lessons - FAQ - Custom Backing Tracks