Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Floyd Rose + New Strings = Angry Schecter  (Read 5622 times)

Schecter_Vector

• View Profile
Floyd Rose + New Strings = Angry Schecter
« on: December 23, 2013, 08:38:08 pm »
Any advice out there from Floyd Rose users?  I have been using Strats, LPs, SG's forever now and got me a Schecter C-1 Custom, which I love.  I had the action set perfect with factory strings.  low action, the Floyd Rose tilted back, but still some float to it.  Replaced strings (same gauge (10's), same tuning (Drop D)...  For one, the darn thing won't stay in tune (always goes flat).  I keep cranking the tuning up, stays for a bit and then drops back down.  In the meantime, I have noticed that the tremolo is tilted up (away from the body) way too much and as a result the string action is too high.  I have been stretching the heck out of the strings, but just can't get it back to its happy place..  Any advice??  Thanks.

merry Christmas.

BTW:  Not complaining about Floyd Roses, Schecters, etc.  I love the guitar and the floating bridge; just a bit of a new thing for me (first FR in 25 years of playing).  Thanks for your help!

srv6

Re: Floyd Rose + New Strings = Angry Schecter
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 06:13:51 pm »
Hello,
What you have to do is balance the bridge to the string tension. You want your bridge to float level. No tilting. You have to adjust the springs in the back one way or the other depending on which way you bridge is tilting. If it's tilting forward, then you have to back off on the spring tension, and the opposite if tilting back. You have re tune and readjust the springs until your bridge is sitting level. Don' t forget to check your intonation after the procedure. If you ever change string gauge, you'll have to do the same over again. You need patience for this procedure.
Good luck,
Mike

Voodoo_chile

• Excuse me while I kiss the sky!
    • View Profile
Re: Floyd Rose + New Strings = Angry Schecter
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 12:55:12 am »
Hi:
The best thing to do is stick a wedge (wooden doorstop is best) under the bridge before removing the strings. The wedge should fit snugly without raising it higher. When the strings are removed, the bridge will stay in the same position until your new strings are at proper tension. I have never done this myself but iv'e heard it works quite well. I always changed my strings one at a time so as to avoid a Floyd Rose nightmare. If you are changing string gauge, you should let a pro do it as the intonation will need adjusting. If you want to learn about all this stuff, look on youtube and you will find lessons on doing every kind of tech stuff imaginable. I got rid of my Ibanez so I don't have to deal with that stuff anymore. ::)

Lauratheld

• View Profile
Floyd Rose New Strings Angry Schecter
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 05:31:18 pm »
schecter make great bang for the buck guitars and their 7s are great, especially with the longer scale. Play the shit out of it

___
NEW XRumer 12.0.19[/url]: revolutional method in SEO and SMM

AlbertThoxy

• View Profile
Floyd Rose New Strings Angry Schecter
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 09:06:08 am »
Wow, you can set up an account that starts sending you strings as frequently as you want them.... Just imagine every three months getting a dozen set of strings automatically sent to you...

Check out these great video guitar lessons at GuitarTricks.com
Copyright 2017 - How To Create a Backing Track NEW! - Contact - ToS - Privacy - Lessons - FAQ - Custom Backing Tracks