I am working on a new, better onsite player that will work on the majority of platforms/browsers. It is HTML5-based with a fallback option to Flash for older browsers and it is based on JPlayer (the old one was Flash-only).
You can access the new player by clicking the "Beta-test our new onsite player" link below the old player when playing a track.
Please try it out and let me know what you think. Feedback can be given in the forum (just reply to this post) or via the contact form
. Even if it works fine please let me know that you have tried it.
The new player is supposed to work as before, but I have gotten rid of a few Flash-related bugs the old player had. Since it is HTML5-based it also works on Android and iOS devices. And I now have the opportunity to add more features in the future.
A quick runthrough of the functionality (how it is supposed to work):
- Play/pause button starts and stops playing.
- Stop button stops playing and returns to the start of the track.
- AB button sets an A-B loop. First click sets A. Second click sets B and starts the loop. Third click stops looping.
- The progress bar can be clicked to jump to that time in the track.
- Below the progress bar is a volume bar that can be clicked to chenge volume (This does not work on mobile devices).
Any suggestions for how to make it better is also welcome.
EDIT: The player is now launched. Please let me know if anything isn't working as it should!