Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: All Users Please Read  (Read 7895 times)

apefist

• View Profile
All Users Please Read
« on: August 16, 2019, 07:16:13 pm »
Like any site, this one has rules for posting here. Please follow them because they exist for a reason:

1. All tracks you post should count into the song before it starts. 1, 2, 3, 4...do it with any sound you want but do it. It's important. The count in is a must because without it, you might not know when to start playing. Any track doesn't count in will be rated low even if it's a decent track because it's no good if you have to guess when to come in. Also, if you run across a track with no count in, please note that in the comments.

2, Convert your mp3s to the highest bitrate your audio converter will save them: 320kbps.

3. Don't post a song with all it's tracks in it. That's not a backing track, it's a whole song. Don't post a track with both guitar parts unless the bass track is missing. All tracks should either have no guitar tracks, or only one guitar track, or if it has both guitar tracks, there should be no bass track. Users will post bass backing tracks here sometimes too. No karaoke files. That's all the instruments with out the vocals. Those aren't backing tracks.

4. If you see there is already 10 versions of a song, don't post another one. We don't need anymore versions of HOTEL CALIFONIA. Every combination has been posted of it. Move on. Post a different backing track. All the Rockband and Guitar Hero files have been posted. Don't post anymore of them. We DO NOT need them.

5. Don't take low ratings personally. Some people might find your track awful while someone else might think it's great. And if you are going to comment on a track, please be constructive in your criticism. Don't just say a track is shit and not say why. That makes you a cunt and there are enough cunts in the world. DON'T BE A CUNT.

Make any other suggestions you have for rules here, please.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 07:18:42 pm by apefist »

slinker

• View Profile
Re: All Users Please Read
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 07:53:17 pm »
But I enjoy being a cunt! ;D

scooterlow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 11:03:18 pm »
Been a Member since 2017. Posted one song years ago. never showed that I posted it. Anyway I uploaded three songs today. One starts off with drums so it doesn't need a count in, another starts with just piano, also need no count in. just wondering if the count in rule is necessary on these type of tracks. I hate hearing a click 1234... then just say a piano playing some pretty intro straight after that.. I have been sequencing tracks and making backing tracks for myself for going on 30 years. I intend on sharing on this site. just think some songs don't need a click. just saying.

slinker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 03:07:02 pm »
i get that but some people count all the way through a song. also, some people might come up with a lick to go over say the piano part. if you count in, they can do it more easily. 

but most of all, it's good practice and it's literally the #1 complaint from users. so, please do it on all your tracks. consider it just part of the process of avoiding complaints.
thanks for your point though. it's a good point and a POV i used to share. but i was convinced that even if you think it doesn't need one, someone else does. and after all, you're making these tracks--or at least you're sharing them--for other users
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 03:11:38 pm by slinker »

bolopolo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 12:18:47 pm »
Don't steal guitar pro tabs from ultimate-guitar and turn them into backing tracks. It's being a cunt. And a thief.

apefist

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 06:48:52 pm »
I didn't realize this needed to be said, but please don't post your files of you playing along to a backing track. we are only interested in songs any guitarist/bassist can play along with, not you playing along to it.

murderer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2019, 12:17:39 am »
Don't steal guitar pro tabs from ultimate-guitar and turn them into backing tracks. It's being a cunt. And a thief.

Hey, if Ultimate Guitar owns this site, too...and it does...it's not stealing from them. It is literally posting it on its other site. Nothing wrong with that. I think Bolopolo is a little worked up about nada...

apefist

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2019, 12:29:42 am »

Are you saying someone is stealing your own personal tabs from music you wrote and posted on Ultimate Guitar? Because I hate to break it to you: if you made a tab for someone else's music, you are a thief too. Besides, Ultimate Guitar owns this site and they don't seem to have a problem with some of us turning their tabs into backing tracks.

That's gonna be a hard sell, man.

damiangias

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2019, 01:14:54 am »
Is it possible to modify something you've uploaded?.....Just supposing somebody neglected to 'count in'.......but knew better and really meant to.....oopsy

apefist

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 11:50:15 pm »
just reupload it.

apefist

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2019, 11:57:55 pm »
People are up loading files without the correct instruments designated. This is very simple.

Bass - is there a bass played in the song? select bass
Drums - are there drums in the song? select drums
Vocals - are there vocals included? select vocals
Lead - does it have a lead guitar track? select lead
Rhythm - is there a rhythm guitar played in the song? select rhythm
Keys - are there keyboards of any kind in it? select keys

you should never have all of them selected, that's a whole song. if you post a whole song, you will get banned.
if you have all of them except the vocals, that's a karaoke file, not a backingtrack. you will get a warning and if you do it again, you will be banned.

I hope that's clear...

apefist

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2019, 09:01:41 pm »
Count in before every track. Even if you do a good job on the track, no count in makes it useless.

cdoyle

• Have been soloing the fretboard for 35yrs now ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2019, 01:20:21 pm »
Its not just a count in ..it sets the tempo for whole song..  :)
The Extremist.

apefist

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2019, 12:44:06 am »
Right

slinker

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2019, 12:01:40 am »
Count in or be voted down!

Check out these great video guitar lessons at GuitarTricks.com
Copyright 2017 - How To Create a Backing Track NEW! - Contact - ToS - Privacy - Lessons - FAQ - Custom Backing Tracks