Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jamtracks searching problem  (Read 1537 times)

Bltzflg

• View Profile
Jamtracks searching problem
« on: June 22, 2017, 03:04:45 pm »
This website has a lot of potential.  I particularly like the Jamtracks and the ability to search by Genre, Key and BPM.  For me this would be the most frequently used feature of this website.

Keep up the good work!

However there are a few problems with the Jamtracks.

Suggestion 1:
A total of 69 Jamtracks have a blank BPM field, and I assume in these cases and possibly more the Genre field is blank as well. I know this because the genre field was left blank on my own recent submission, even though I specified it. This means I cannot search for my submission by genre.

Thus, if I search for "Blues" and "E" I get 3 Jamtracks, but when I search for just the Key of E I get a large list of results, and see the word "Blues" occurs 40 times within the list of titles. This would be due to the fact that 37 of those 40 titles have a blank "Genre" field. I presume that all of those 40 titles should have shown up in the search for both "Blues" and "E".   

If submitters provide this information, it should be correctly entered.

Suggestion 2:
The Jamtracks need a unique submission form so that submitters can enter this information themselves. All three fields (Genre, Key and BPM) should be MANDATORY.

Suggestion 3:
It is great that the list of titles displays columns for Key and BPM.  It would be GREAT if the list of titles also had a column for "Genre"

Bltzflg

• View Profile
Re: Jamtracks searching problem
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 08:06:03 pm »
Thanks to Nikita for responding directly to the problem with my own submission! if the other problems can be resolved I have more submissions and look forward to watching this site become hugely popular!!!

Great service, great support. :)

Webmaster

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Jamtracks searching problem
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 08:46:10 am »
This website has a lot of potential.  I particularly like the Jamtracks and the ability to search by Genre, Key and BPM.  For me this would be the most frequently used feature of this website.

Keep up the good work!

However there are a few problems with the Jamtracks.

Suggestion 1:
A total of 69 Jamtracks have a blank BPM field, and I assume in these cases and possibly more the Genre field is blank as well. I know this because the genre field was left blank on my own recent submission, even though I specified it. This means I cannot search for my submission by genre.

Thus, if I search for "Blues" and "E" I get 3 Jamtracks, but when I search for just the Key of E I get a large list of results, and see the word "Blues" occurs 40 times within the list of titles. This would be due to the fact that 37 of those 40 titles have a blank "Genre" field. I presume that all of those 40 titles should have shown up in the search for both "Blues" and "E".   

If submitters provide this information, it should be correctly entered.

Suggestion 2:
The Jamtracks need a unique submission form so that submitters can enter this information themselves. All three fields (Genre, Key and BPM) should be MANDATORY.

Suggestion 3:
It is great that the list of titles displays columns for Key and BPM.  It would be GREAT if the list of titles also had a column for "Genre"

Hi there!
I totally hear you, man! :)

Suggestion 1 - it's a bug. We shall fix this in the long run. Just need some time here as we'll be doing it manually. 
Suggestion 2 - we'll do that!
Suggestion 3 - after we fix suggestion 1 and 2 the filter which is to the right from the list of jamtracks  will be working just fine. Tere's no plae for Genre field.

Rock on!
Nikita

Check out these great video guitar lessons at GuitarTricks.com
Copyright 2017 - How To Create a Backing Track NEW! - Contact - ToS - Privacy - Lessons - FAQ - Custom Backing Tracks