Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ratings  (Read 1626 times)

Shed

• View Profile
Ratings
« on: April 17, 2017, 01:49:07 pm »
Those who give low ratings to tracks should be required to explain why, and the author allowed to respond.

Webmaster

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Ratings
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 10:26:43 am »
Thanks!
We're planning to add this feature.

Keep on rocking, Shed!

Shed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 03:41:29 pm »
Thanks for the boost webmaster  :), unlike whoever it is giving some of my tracks very low ratings. Perhaps they should take into account I made those tracks about 25 years ago on cassette tape using very, very basic equipment, (I actually played some instruments too). Considering this, I don't think they are THAT bad. A one star rating is a real bummer. Perhaps you should reveal yourself, whoever you are.  >:(

Axefiend

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 05:33:39 pm »
I know how it's feels to get a low rating on something that you put work into creating. I received a 2 star rating on a couple of my tracks, and at first, I was really annoyed. After a while, I reminded myself that many people might want a different kind of backing track than the ones I make. I personally like backing tracks with just bass and drums without the vocals, but if someone is looking for vocals on their BT, I can see how they'd be disappointed with my backing tracks. I also imagine a lot of people probably prefer the BTs that come from "Rock Band" and "Guitar Hero" and again, might be disappointed that my tracks weren't the real artists. It sucks to get a bad rating for sure! If we still had a view count on our tracks, You'd see that TONS of people are actually enjoying and using your tracks. It's just too bad that most people couldn't be bothered to leave a rating at all. Anyway, Hope this helps Shed. Cheers.

Shed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 01:40:29 pm »
I appreciate your comments Axefiend (good name). I also prefer tracks without vocals, but I don't really mind if they are not exact versions of the original. I don't really know what Rock Band and Guitar Hero are anyway - that's how old I am. There are a lot of superb tracks on here which I use far more than my own. I am well aware of the shortcomings of my old tracks so I suppose I shouldn't be so touchy about low ratings, though they are a bit demoralizing. I did post a full description of "How I Made Them" a long time ago in the Making Backing Tracks section of the Forum. Thanks again. :D
P.S. Some better ratings have been posted since my last post, so the one star ratings have gone. It's good to have friends, ha.

Check out these great video guitar lessons at GuitarTricks.com
Copyright 2017 - How To Create a Backing Track NEW! - Contact - ToS - Privacy - Lessons - FAQ - Custom Backing Tracks