Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Welcome to GuitarBackingTrack  (Read 189850 times)

Webmaster

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome to GuitarBackingTrack
« on: November 08, 2006, 08:57:26 PM »
Hi,

welcome to the GuitarBackingTrack.com forums. Here you can discuss the site, backing tracks, music in general and whatever's on your mind. You can also request backing tracks.

The guitar backing tracks (BTs) on this site is intended for personal use. It's a supplement to guitar players worldwide, turning your bedroom into a full band jam session. While nothing is cooler than being in a band, every guitarist has to practice for themselves as well. With BTs you can play along to popular songs or jam along to cool grooves, without having to rely on band mates. The tracks are basically tunes with their guitars removed, making them perfect to playing along to. All tracks are made by regular guys and girls, and are used with their permission.

The BTs are currently available in MP3 format and can be played with and online player. You'll need the flash plugin for it to work, except on iOS where the builtin Quicktime player is used. Use the menu on top to navigate the bands or search using the search fields in the top right. When viewing a BT, click on the play button to play the track (it should start in a few seconds), the pause button to pause it, and the rewind button to return to the beginning of the song.

Please give me feedback on the site and the BTs, and any suggestions/comments/corrections are welcome.

Oddgeir
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 10:51:49 PM by Webmaster »

Guitarman

• View Profile
    • Stan Williams Music
Re: Welcome to GuitarBackingTrack
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 09:43:38 AM »
Just wanted to say hello, saw ya on Flashkit, I am trying to learn flash and actionscript..I think this site is a great Idea as there are lots of players out there who have no one to practice with. Much Success.
SW
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:59:28 AM by Guitarman »

Kirk Hammett

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 09:06:31 PM »
When are will the tracks be able to download?

Webmaster

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 02:28:31 PM »
Hi guys,

thanks for the comments Guitarman. My limited knowledge of Flash and ActionScript is increasing every day, so I hope to have mk II of the player up soon with A-B looping etc.

As for the downloads, I'm working on the script and I think I've got it nailed now. Here's an example link, please test it and give me feedback on download speed and if it works:
*snip*

EDIT: All songs are available in MP3 format now. Just click "Downlaod this track as MP3" below the player when viewing the track of your choice.

Oddgeir
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 05:24:01 PM by Webmaster »

patthebiker2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 01:59:23 AM »
no problem with the download of swet child.... everything is fine :D

Youtube_Tom107

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 02:08:57 AM »
Hey mate, Props to whoever created this site. This will soon be my most visited, and my loop pedal might go out of fashion! See me on youtube. ;)

Shaunus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 01:53:28 PM »
Hey oddgeir love the site bro...ive been playin the geetar for a while now and ive got quite a collection of BT,S myself...been trying to post some up here but i get an error message saying its taken to long or the file was to big...Mightstick around here..see how the site blossoms.  ;D

Webmaster

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 03:25:32 PM »
Hi Shaunus,

thanks for the feedback! My next project is obviously to make a submission solution for the BTs that works. I'm not sure how to do this at the time, but I'll figure something out eventually. In the meantime, you can attach the BTs to an e-mail and send to webmasterXXXguitarbackingtrack.com (exchange the XXX for @). Or you can use Pando (www.pando.com) or YouSendIt (www.yousendit.com) and send to the same e-mail address. Other alternatives are MegaUpload (www.megaupload.com) and RapidShare (www.rapidshare.com). If you have many tracks you could compress them using zip or rar to make it easier to upload.

All submissions are appreciated! And will help the site grow.

Oddgeir

Shaunus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 04:08:18 PM »
Hi Shaunus,

thanks for the feedback! My next project is obviously to make a submission solution for the BTs that works. I'm not sure how to do this at the time, but I'll figure something out eventually. In the meantime, you can attach the BTs to an e-mail and send to webmasterXXXguitarbackingtrack.com (exchange the XXX for @). Or you can use Pando (www.pando.com) or YouSendIt (www.yousendit.com) and send to the same e-mail address. Other alternatives are MegaUpload (www.megaupload.com) and RapidShare (www.rapidshare.com). If you have many tracks you could compress them using zip or rar to make it easier to upload.

All submissions are appreciated! And will help the site grow.

Oddgeir

OK Dude...let me know when you get it sorted and i will load you with em...got around 500meg of bt,s from off the net...like i said ill be around..cheers dude :P

Donny

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 01:22:37 PM »
This is a great site. It only felt right to be a part of the community here. I hope this place develops real well and i'll be around to pitch in ;)

GUSTO

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 04:58:11 PM »
 Nice site  :)   Here is a good link for  backing tracks >http://www.guitarblast.com/forum.php

nomis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 10:18:19 PM »
Hi everyone

Just wanted to join in the general chorus of approval, the site looks great and looking forward to having a bit more of a browse and downloading some tracks!

Thanks Oddgeir

;D

LesPaulGuy71

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 09:41:50 PM »
Hey everyone ... GREAT site Webmaster ... I stumbled on it looking for a Drivin N Cryin guitar tab :P  A site like this is WAY long over-due!

agil

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 02:09:04 AM »
Hi. Thanks for the downloads. Much appreciated. My guitar playing is so bad I canīt find anyone to play with, so the tracks are my band.

robert

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 10:48:01 PM »
this is a great site, just found it a few weeks ago but it is amazing how much your playing can improve playing with a backing track as compared to a cd

Check out these great video guitar lessons at GuitarTricks.com
Copyright 2012 GuitarBackingTrack.com - Contact - Privacy - Lessons - FAQ - Custom Backing Tracks